Being aware of your Mental Health is key! Keeping your body and mind active will allow you to put your best foot forward while you’re working Over the Road. Prevent yourself from burning out and take advantage of these tips for maintaining good mental health:
- Stay in touch with family, friends, and loved ones. On your breaks, be sure to give them a call or text letting them know where you are and that you’re safe.
- We’re all ‘creatures of habit’ and work well when we’re on a schedule. Get yourself into a routine so that your body can adjust accordingly to the OTR lifestyle.
- Exercise is a great way to not only keep your body in shape but will also help your mind stay sharp and focused.
- A well-balanced diet is great in maintaining a positive mental state of mind. Do your best to eat foods high in protein and fiber, while keeping the carb and sugar intake down.
- Bring along some photos, small decorations, or your favorite pillow from home as friendly reminders of home.
- Listening to podcasts or audiobooks are a great way to mentally stimulate your brain while driving for long hours.
- Keep yourself and your cab clean. Taking a shower and putting on fresh clean clothes can make a world of difference in maintaining a positive mental state.
- Connect with the Raider Family! Connect with other Drivers around you and get to know the people inside the office. Creating a sense of community in the workplace is so important in continuing to enjoy the work you do every single day.
For more information please visit: https://www.smart-trucking.com/tips-for-good-mental-health.html